Thursday, May 8, 2008

Novelty Drivers License

demands respect for the working conditions of those responsible for sport textile


To PLAY FAIR, the companies who run the sport textile industry, which recorded the most profitable, have a duty to ensure good working conditions for workers in textile factories.

and sends a message to responsables del sector !

· Hannah Jones, vice president, corporate responsibility, NIKE, mailto:Hannah.jones@nike.com
· Frank Henke global director, social and environmental, ADIDAS: Frank.Henke@adidas.de
· Motoi Oyama, president, ASICS: csr-ci-bl@asics.co.jp
· John Larsen, NEW BALANCE: john.larsen@newbalance.com
· Reiner Hengstmann, director of corporate social responsibility, PUMA: mailro:reiner.hengstmann@puma.com
· Cc: Johnson Tong, POU CHEN/YUE YUEN: Johnson.Tong@pcn.pouchen.com.tw

Dear textile industry officials in sports:

Can you imagine working 12 or 13 hours a day, 7 days a week without winning a minimum wage? Can you imagine living in the same place where they work each day?, "Having to share his bed with a coworker and a room with 15? Surely you, these issues do not worry that your income level makes you immune to this situation, which in turn is the reality for many workers in your company subsidiary factories.

According to a new report from Play Fair 2008 ( PLAY FAIR 2008 ), wages in the textile industry are very low global sport, which caught my attention given the high profits of leading companies like yours. In my view, this contrast is unacceptable and for this reason, I beg to undertake concrete actions as soon as possible for workers to earn a decent wage. I have seen the report "Clearing the Hurdles " of fair play offers concrete proposals to improve this situation, so I ask you to take into account its recommendations in order to achieve the stated objectives. I know

sportswear companies like yours do not own factories where it produces its goods. However, I am convinced that their purchasing policy with suppliers, and specifically the prices they're paying, can play a decisive role in setting the salary of workers in these factories. I understand that increasing the price paid for the brands do not automatically lead to higher salaries and can not easily raise prices without other mechanisms to ensure that these margins are for the salaries of employees. On the other hand, I am aware that the factory owners need to be assured that the brands do not take their production elsewhere if production costs rise.

The fact that Yue Yuen produces for many leading brands online, and is a powerful player in this sector, its production network is a good base for the sport industura start looking for solutions to improve the working conditions of workers. For this reason I send this message also.

know that changes need time to get out. FAIR PLAY campaign has proposed several concrete proposals so that you, as leader of the textile sport can begin to work towards a better quality employment for workers who despite earning so little, they contribute directly to earnings .

Pay them a living wage is a matter of respect. For them and for you too.

Sincerely,

0 comments:

Post a Comment